I'm not sure about you, but as a busy mom, I'm always looking for new ways to get a nutritious dinner on the table quickly.
This Basil Cashew Nut Summer Pasta Salad perfectly captures everything wonderful about summer... Crisp, fresh vegetables with a fun crunch and vibrant, beautiful colours. If you don't have a garden, or If you need to use up some veggies, this simple pasta salad is the way to go!
It's a big hit with our little Naioni too 😍🤞!!! This is ideal for a hot summer day like today. 🌞
It can be made ahead of time and served for lunch, a light dinner, or as a side dish. It's always a success.
- 1 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Cashew Nut soaked
- 1/2 cup leaves fresh basil
- 2 cups Any Pasta I prefer Tri colour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste (optionol)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Dried Oregano
- Pinch Red Chilli Flakes.
- Stir tomatoes, cucumber, onion, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and basil together in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, Drain. Keep it a side.
- Now grind soaked cashew, olive oil and basil to smooth paste.
- Now in a large toss warm pasta with basil cashew paste, tomato cucumber mixture and season with salt, black pepper, red chilli flakes and oregano.
- Garnish with Basil leaves.