Autumn is my favourite season, and it brings with it my favourite pumpkin soup recipe: a creamy, spicy roasted pumpkin soup that is simple, healthy, and delicious. It's only lightly spiced to add a little extra warmth for the cold season. The pumpkin is the main attraction in this soup.
And also my InstantPot Airfryer has recently become a good friend of mine. Putting two of my favourite things together? It was bound to happen! This Instant Pot pumpkin soup is creamy, comforting, quick and easy to make, and it's also warm and spicy..
It's excellent for chilly days and It's creamy (without the use of cream), rich, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 kg peeled and chopped into thick cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium white onion - finely chopped
- 3 Thai Red chillies
- 3 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons green or mixed pumpkin seeds (optionol)
- Heat your Airfryer to 180 C/350 F
- Cut, peel and chop the pumpkin into thick cubes
- Place the chopped pumpkin in roasting tray and add 1/2 of the olive oil, salt and pepper evenly on them
- Bake the pumpkin in the Airfryer for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Now To heavy bottomed pan add onion and Thai Red chillies with the remaining olive oil cook until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add roasted pumpkin to the pan
- Stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes before adding to the blender.
- Puree in a blender until smooth
- Pour the pureed pumpkin soup back into the pan, adjust seasoning as desired and add water if too thick.
- (Optional) Toast the pumpkin seeds on a medium/high heat for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy.