Pakora is a popular snack among Indians. Moong dal is one of the few pakoras that my mum makes on a regular basis. I quickly learned the best way to make Moong Dal Pakoda, and now it's time to share my mum's and family favourite recipe with you.😉
Nothing beats crunchy pakoras on a cold snowy winter day with a hot cup of tea. These moong dal pakoras are made with very minimal ingredients. Crispy and crunchy on the outside, soft and light on the inside, they're sure to become a family favourite.
They are usually served with coriander & mint chutney but also go well with tomato sauce/ketchup or tamarind chutney.
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 table spoon rice flour
- 2 to 3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 iinch chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp crushed Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp crushed Black pepper
- Salt, as per taste
- pinch baking soda
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak Moong Dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the extra water from soaked dal. Grind the dal into mixer grinder. Add around 2 to 3 tbsp water while grinding. Grind Smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to bowl.
- Whisk the batter until it's light & fluffy.
- Add all the other ingredients except oil.
- Mix very well. Taste and adjust spices as per taste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan . Allow it to heat up properly.
- Take a small lemon size portion from batter mixture and drop into the hot oil ccarefully.
- Fry on medium flame. Allow the pakodas to rise up. Fry them stirring them till golden and crispy.
- Repeat sane with rest of the batter . Fry in batches.
- Serve this delicious moong dal pakoda with Mint Coriander Chutney and cup of hot tea/coffee.
- Soaked dal gives perfect result so don’t be in hurry..
- Adding baking soda in batter is optional.